What’s new at Mission Ridge? It’s a popular question this time of year, and an annual reminder that we can be new and improved every winter -- in ways both big and small.
This offseason, we set our energies to improving the guest experience. A few things of note:
- We’ve upgraded our rental fleet with new skis and boots from Head.
- We lined up some new passholder perks, including 3 free ski days at 49 Degrees North, 3 free days at Eaglecrest, and 3 free days at Sunlight Mountain. (Passholders also still get 5 free days at White Pass and free weekday skiing at Snoqualmie Pass and Alpental).
- We've installed a new Arlberg Sports' Demo Center in the Midway area. Try all the latest ski and snowboard gear!
- We’re updating the Midway Lodge with expanded seating, more food service options, and cosmetic improvements.
- We’re opening up two new beginner/intermediate runs along Chair 1. The re-opened trails offer two more routes down from Midway and Chair 1, and should help relieve congestion on Mimi.
- We’ve upgraded the #100Laps rope tow terrain park with more terrain, more features, a new rope tow and an expanded hang-out area.
- Maybe most importantly, we’re undergoing a major technology overhaul, installing new ticketing and season pass software (to move you through ski school and season pass lines much quicker) adding digital signage to the base area (so you can see a webcam view from the summit or a list of upcoming events), building a new website (improved snow reporting and adding online ticket and lesson sales) and purchasing new ticket scanning equipment (OK, so maybe this one doesn’t impress you. But it’s a big deal to our ticket scanners!).
It has been a busy, and productive, offseason, and we can’t help but be excited for the lifts to start. We just need one last ingredient… think snow!
Josh Jorgensen, General Manager