This workshop is designed for mountain enthusiasts who are starting to tour on their own and possibly venturing out of the ski area boundries.
Areas of focus in this course:
- Recognize & Avoid Avalanche Terrain
- Understanding Layed Snow
- Weather Indicators & Red Flags
- Basic Companion Rescue
- Avalanche Control Techniques
- Boundary Policies
- Avalanche Terrain & Terrain Maps
- Basic Route Selection
- Current Snow Pack Conditions
- Companion Recovery
- Probing, Shoveling, & Beacon use
Workshops begin at 9am. Participants will meet outside the Mission Ridge Base Area First Aid Room. Please be prepared with all your ski and snowboard gear to ride the chairlift to the summit at 9am. For information about these workshops, CLICK HERE.