While the skiing on Elip has been great, there is not enough snow to put a gate in. We will be postponing drags for two weeks to allow for more snow to fall.
Qualifying night: Jan. 23.
Four weeks of racing: Jan. 30, Feb. 6, 13 & 20.
Make up day, if needed: Feb. 27.
The good news is you have time to get more friends to sign up and the cost will only be $330! (Those who have paid already will be issued a refund of $170.)
NEW: We will accept individual registrations and compile entries into teams of five. If we do not receive enough individual entries (or in multiples of five) to create a team, individuals will not be able to participate. Individual registration fee is $75. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register as an individual.
Everyone needs to complete the following waiver prior to Jan. 23. If you have not done so, please take a moment to fill it out.
I feel the need, the need for speed! Thursday Night Drags are back, are you ready for the action? Grab 6 or more of your favorite skier or boarder friends for this fun race series event.
Format is Head to Head Dual GS RACING
*Teams must register by Jan. 15th
Weeks 2 – 4: Jan 30 – Feb 20, 2020 Head to Head Dual Drag racing
- The team captain must submit the weekly team roster (who is racing that night) by Tuesday at 5pm of the week of racing (i.e. Tuesday the 21st for racing Thursday the 23rd). Roster should be emailed email@example.com each week.
- Last minute changes to a roster will be accepted at the discretion of the race organizer. There will be NO substitutions at the start
- Racers will be paired and the “start sheet developed”
- Racers will be paired by times. Each racer will get one timed run in each course
- Racing starts at 6:30 pm sharp, and we hope to be finished by 8 each night
- Feb 27 will be a make up week if needed
If for some reason we need to cancel we will try and do so by 4 pm on race day, but do reserve the right to cancel up until start time. Cancellations will not be made for poor weather or conditions unless it is deemed unsafe. Communications regarding changes or cancellations will be made through the MRST facebook page and an email sent to each team captain.
- Race winners are determined by fastest time, not by who crosses the finish line first
- 2 points are awarded to the race winner, win both runs–you get 4 points
- In the event of a tie, both racers will be awarded 2 points
- A missed start is a forfeit of that race
- A missed gate or interfering with your opponent is an automatic DQ for that race
- A fall and loss of both skis is a DQ for that race, however finishing on one ski is allowed. If a ski, or skis, come off in a fall, the racer is not allowed to put them back on to finish the run
- If a racer falls with out loss of equipment and no missed gates, the racer may continue as long as it is in a timely manner
- Each racers race points go toward the team totals
It pays to finish!!!
- 10 points to the team that has the fastest 4 racers completing both races
- 9 points to the team that has the 2nd fastest 4 racers completing both races
- Team points are awarded to the first ten teams with all 4 racers finishing both races
- Total Points
- Individual points + team points = Team score
- All results will be posted as soon as possible
- Individual times will be posted in the Chair 5 Pub one hour after each race day
- Team totals and individual times will be posted to the MRST web site the next day
Every competitor MUST have a signed waiver. No waiver, no race, no exceptions. Team captains: this is your responsibility. Helmets are required. No exceptions. Any questions, concerns, etc. should be dealt with promptly by communicating with the MRST representative. There will be prizes and giveaways the last night of racing.
We do not guarantee all 7 weeks but will do everything possible to complete 7 weeks of racing.