Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Supervises: Midway Cafe Staff
Status: Full time/Seasonal. Midway opens for the ski season when Chair 3 and/or Chair 2 are open for the season. Historically that usually occurs in mid-December.
Our Central Purpose: To Provide A Lifetime Of Exceptional Mountain Experiences
MIDWAY LEAD JOB SUMMARY:
Midway Lead is responsible for the overall preparation and presentation of food from Midway Café, and for the sale of products from Midway. Coordinate and oversee Midway kitchen, floor and barbecue activities. Provide lunch for Mission Ridge guests. Offering the highest quality product with exceptional service for a reasonable price. Complete guest satisfaction is the ultimate goal. This person should be able to work in a busy, fast paced environment under some pressure, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES/TASKS:
- This person must be a motivator, delegate, director, team player and leader. Exceptional money handling skills, organizational skills and communication will aid in effectively carrying out this position.
- Assist in hiring a staff of full-time and part-time employees.
- Foster a team playing atmosphere by providing the room to learn and grow as an employee and individual.
- Performing daily cash-outs of Midway.
- Responsible for Midway food ordering, beer and wine ordering, receiving, handling, storage, usage of food and Midway food cost in coordination with the Assistant Manager or Kitchen Lead.
- Weekly inventory of kitchen and floor product.
- Coordinating a flexible schedule to fulfill the needs of MRMC and employees.
- Weekly processing of invoices to correct the General Ledger accounts verifying quantities, freshness of product and pricing.
- Understand, help create and abide by the annual budget for this specific department.
- Responsible for annual equipment inventories for the department.
- Weekly attendance and participation in Food and Beverage Lead staff meetings covering standards, personnel, financial and calendar.
- Food and Beverage Management (hiring, educating and training).
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, safety, cleanliness, menu ingredients, plate presentation, food cost, retail cost, bottom line, food preparation, food service and guest service. Knowledge of bussing operation inside as well as outside.
- Money handling procedures and alcohol service. Cash register and P.O.S. knowledge. Guest service oriented.
- A Washington State Health District Food Server Permit and a Class 12 Server Permit are required.
Midway part-time and full-time employees.
- High School Graduate.
- Valid Washington State Drivers License.
Two years related experience.
Midway is an indoor/outdoor environment located at the top of Chair Lift #1 and the base of Chair Lift #2. Chair Lift #1 is taken to get to Midway. Walking down the hill or riding down with the snowcat to get back to the base area. Working on and around snow cats is a daily occurrence.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skill required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.