The Mission Ridge Expansion proposal is currently in review with Chelan County and the United States Forest Service. Thousands of hours of work by a team of over 20 specialists and planners, over the past four years, have resulted in a robust plan that we are very proud of.
Chelan County is currently accepting comments on the updated application and materials until March 30th. Your supportive comments and letters to Chelan County matter and we encourage the public to engage in the process.
The USFS is also accepting comments on the Environmental Analysis (EA) for project elements on their land as well as the NEPA analysis. The USFS comment period has been extended two weeks and now ends on April 10th.
We strongly encourage you to submit public comments on our revised application for the expansion. For more info on the Mission Ridge Expansion project click the link below.
Key Points Of the Mission Ridge Expansion
Below are key points that we have worked hard on and highlighted during conversations about this project. Please feel free to adapt and use these in your comments to the agencies:
- The existing Mission Ridge Ski & Board Resort has been a part of the Wenatchee Valley Community for over 50 years. The Mission Ridge Expansion will provide new recreational opportunities for local and visiting outdoor enthusiasts that the current resort is unable to offer due to site limitations. This includes:
- Improved access and terrain for beginning skiers
- Nordic skiing and snowshoe trails and improved backcountry access
- Overnight accommodations
- Non-skiing activities to engage the whole family, such as hiking and biking trails
- Commercial uses such as shops, restaurants, and entertainment for the entire family
- Of the 502 acres, 70% will be left as open space; reports have been provided to the county to show that any adverse impacts to the environment are adequately mitigated.
- This project will create jobs, boost our local economy, and improve the quality of life for locals.
- The long term sustainability of Mission Ridge will be secure with the approval of this expansion.
- Outdoor recreationalists of all types will benefit with improvements to access and updates to the existing ski area infrastructure.
- The Mission Ridge Expansion Master Plan Resort meets all the general requirements as outlined in Chelan County Code 11.89.040 for a Master Planned Resort.
For more info on the current open public comment periods please see below.
-Chelan County Public Review and Comment Period-
PUBLIC COMMENT ON THIS PROPOSAL IS ENCOURAGED, and no action will be taken on the project until the Agency comment period ends on March 30, 2020 at 5pm.
Comments must include your name, current address, and should be as specific as possible.
Written or emailed comments must be submitted to the Department of Community Development, 316 Washington St., Suite 301 Wenatchee, WA 98801; Attention: RJ Lott, Planning Manager or email [email protected] for additional information or to review application materials.
-USFS Draft EA Comment Period-
Submit comments to the USFS via their public comment page for the project here: https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public//CommentInput?Project=53981 comment period ends 3/27/2020.
Comment To USFS