We are very excited to have started the 2017/18 season early and to have seen so many friends, both old and new, up on the mountain today! A brisk and beautiful bluebird day greeted the start of the new season and smiles and high fives were contagious. Early morning turns were quite literally a breath of fresh air and watching folks new to the sports enjoying their first mountain experience is always a joy. Ski and snowboard season is here and it truly is the best time of year!
Chairs 1 and 2 are both scheduled for operation tomorrow but we did experience a mechanical set back on Chair 2 today that limited its operation. This situation does have the potential to keep Chair 2 out of operation tomorrow. If Chair 2 does not run tomorrow we will still open as scheduled from 9am to 4pm with Chair 1. Both Midway and the Hampton Lodge will be open, as well as all our other skier and rider services (Rentals, Retail, Ski School, Childcare). Please know that all of our crews are hard at work tonight as always to make sure your experience is the best it can possibly be. We look forward to another fun day on the hill!
Snow, mainly after 4pm. High near 35. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible
***Early season conditions. Low snow coverage. Marked and unmarked obstacles do exist so please stay on open runs and respect all rope lines/trail closures as they are there for your safety. As always, ski and ride with caution.
Sunspot, Tumewater, and Mimi will be open and groomed.
A hike terrain park with a number of features is set up at Midway near the bottom of Chair 3 as well.
Check out the Grooming Report for more info on groomed runs and open terrain.
- Chair 1 and 2 scheduled for operation from 9am-4pm (There is possibility that Chair 2 will not open tomorrow). The Pika Peak and Lib Tech 100LAPS rope tows are not scheduled for operation opening weekend.
- Lift tickets will be discounted to $49 for Adults, $39 for ages 18-24, $29 for ages 10-17, $5 for ages 9 and under and $15 for ages 70+.
- The Chair 5 Pub and Kawham Café - OPEN with early season menus.
- Midway Lodge - OPEN with with snack and beverages available.
- The rental and retail shop - OPEN
- The Mission Ridge Ski School- OPEN
- The Child Care Center - OPEN
We will be open this weekend 9am-4pm. We will be closed Mon-Thurs 11/20-11/23. We will re-open Fri-Sun 11/24-11/26 9am-4pm. Operations Calendar
- Firefighter and Emergency Personnel Appreciation: To say thank you for their service, Mission Ridge will be honoring Firefighters, EMTs, and Law Enforcement professionals by providing free skiing and riding from opening day through the third weekend in December. We welcome both active duty emergency responders and 2017 summer seasonal personnel to enjoy time on the mountain.
Uphill PolicyWeather Updates