Modified Uphill Policy In Effect
Uphill access is permitted within the ski area boundary from Sunday, April 11th at 5pm through Friday April 16th at 5pm via any route. At 5pm on April 16th, the Uphill Policy will return to the Standard Uphill Policy. Work may be ongoing on the mountain at any time.
Standard Uphill Travel Policy 20/21
Within the Mission Ridge Ski Area Boundary, uphill travel is permitted only on designated routes when conditions do not adversely impact avalanche mitigation, grooming, snowmaking, parking, snow removal, maintenance or other ski area operations. Uphill travel is restricted within the Special Use Permit area during periods of avalanche danger or avalanche mitigation. Uphill travel is always closed within the Ski Area Boundary on designated trails and runs between 7:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. on operational days. Uphill users need to be off of the mountain and back in the base area by 7:00 a.m.
The designated routes may be closed at any given time due to safety or hazardous conditions. These conditions include but are not limited to; avalanche danger, mitigation work, construction, snowmaking, grooming or maintenance operations. Winch cat operations may take place at any time on the mountain and will be marked with signs. Stay far away!!! EXTREME DANGER. Runs undergoing winch cat operations are CLOSED to uphill and downhill travel. If Bomber Bowl and the standard uphill route is closed due to winch cat operations then uphill skiers can use Tumwater and Sunspot to reach the top of the mountain.
Rules of Use
- Be aware of dangers - winch-cat operations, grooming, snowmaking, avalanche mitigation, snowpack instability, etc can all be deadly to you!!
- Do not ski on runs that are already groomed for the following day.
- Park at the front of the lot by the Mission Ridge entry sign.
- Uphill use hours are from 1 hour after lifts close to 7:00 a.m. unless restricted or closed.
- During Night Ski operations the Summer Roadis an aproved uphill route.
- See maps/reports for current route information.
- Stay off of Mission Ridge property and buildings.
- No Dogs allowed on ski terrain.
- Headlamp required.
- Yield to all downhill traffic whether person or machine.
- Stay on the edge of groomed runs.
- Closed terrain is closed 24 hours a day.
- Follow signage and check the daily report.
- Follow instructions of staff and be respectful.
- Uphill travelers are subject to RCW 79A.45.030, Your Responsibility Code and other Mission Ridge rules and policies.
Nearby Backcountry Routes
Even when the Designated Routes within the Ski-Area Boundary are closed (e.g., early-season conditions, avalanche control, ski area is operating, etc.), two backcountry routes outside of that boundary remain open at all times and can be accessed from the Mission Ridge Ski Area. One of these routes uses the Lakes Trail to access Clara Lake and the Mission Peak environs; the other uses the Outback to access Stemilt Basin. For both of these routes, park at the entrance to the lower lot as close as possible to the Lakes Trail Trailhead.
- Use of the Backcountry Routes is allowed even when the Designated Routes within the Ski Area Boundary are closed. Uphill skiers using the Backcountry Routes cannot descend to the parking lot via the ski area if the Ski Patrol has closed the terrain being used to enter the resort.
- Click here for more details about the Backcountry Routes.