***Installation of the new Haul Rope for Chair 2 is in progress and it is essential that everyone stays out of the area***
This is a unique season. We are still actively working on the construction of Chair 2 and that creates unique concerns and hazards this Winter. Uphill travel acces is open via the designated route in PURPLE indicated below from 1 hour after lifts close to 7:00 a.m. The route accesses the top of Chair 4 via the climbers left of Chak Chak. Any area shaded in red as indicated below is CLOSED. Uphill access is also permitted during operational hours (7am to close) from the top of Chair 3 through Bathtub to access the Ridgeline. Skiers left of Maggi (climbers right) is closed as indicated in RED below at all times.
Within the Mission Ridge Ski Area Boundary, uphill travel is permitted only on designated routes when conditions do not adversely impact avalanche mitigation, grooming, snowmaking, parking, snow removal, maintenance or other ski area operations. Uphill travel is restricted within the Special Use Permit area during periods of avalanche danger or avalanche mitigation.
The designated routes may be closed at any given time due to safety concerns or hazardous conditions. These conditions include but are not limited to; avalanche danger, mitigation work, construction, snowmaking, grooming or maintenance operations. Winch cat operations may take place at any time on the mountain and will be marked with signs. Stay far away!!! EXTREME DANGER. Runs undergoing winch cat operations are CLOSED to uphill and downhill travel.
Rules Of Use
- Be aware of dangers - winch-cat operations, grooming, snowmaking, avalanche mitigation, snowpack instability, etc can all be deadly to you!!
- Do not ski on runs that are already groomed for the following day.
- Park at the front of the lot by the Mission Ridge entry sign.
- Uphill use hours are from 1 hour after lifts close to 7:00 a.m. unless restricted or closed.
- See maps/reports for current route information.
- Stay off of Mission Ridge property and buildings.
- No Dogs allowed on ski terrain.
- Headlamp and reflective armband required.
- Yield to all downhill traffic whether person or machine.
- Stay on the edge of groomed runs.
- Closed terrain is closed 24 hours a day.
- Follow signage and check the daily report.
- Follow instructions of staff and be respectful.
- Uphill travelers are subject to RCW 79A.45.030, Your Responsibility Code and other Mission Ridge rules and policies.
If you have questions or comments on the uphill policy, we encourage you to contact us at: [email protected] anytime and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Mission Ridge accepts no liability or responsibility for accidents that occur as a result of uphill travel. RCW 4.24.210.