It’s been a fantastic offseason at Mission Ridge and we are getting excited to get back out on the snow soon! As I write this letter in mid-October, the Larch (aka Tamarack) trees are popping in bright yellows and our team is busy finishing up projects and hiring staff so we can be ready to welcome you on opening day. This summer we focused on maintenance and did not tackle any huge projects.
We love this mountain as much as you do and we work with passion to protect the culture and quality experience you expect at Mission Ridge. This winter, we look forward to seeing you, your family and friends, and joining together again to share time at the mountain creating memories, laughing, and riding the best snow in the great Pacific Northwest.
Thank you for being a Mission Ridge Passholder!
Here is a partial list of “What’s New” at Mission Ridge for the 2023/24 Season:
- The Haul Rope was replaced on Chair 4.
- A complete replacement of our rental ski gear has been purchased for the Rental Shop.
- We have launched a new website that we think you will really love.
- Multiple light poles on Chair 4 have been replaced and upgraded to LED.
- Multiple building roofs have been replaced.
- Ongoing work on our Expansion Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) has been accomplished.
- Painting, general repairs, and a variety of other miscellaneous projects have been completed.
We do have one kind of sad update to give. We have made the difficult decision to close down our Childcare Center. Post Covid, our Childcare operation never really rebounded. Despite our best efforts, the demand for Childcare has dwindled to levels that simply no longer make sense. On a positive note, this has created space for us to take better care of our staff and give our Lift Operators a new boot-up room that they desperately needed.
Here’s to lots of snow, bluebird days, and, most importantly, lots of smiles. We can’t wait to see you out on the mountain soon for the 57th season of operations at Mission Ridge!
-Josh Jorgensen, CEO