Ski Area Website Accessibility Policy
Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort’s policy is to make its website accessible to users of the website who have disabilities and to permit Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort content providers to develop and post accessible content. To meet this goal, Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort implements the following initiatives:
1. Conforming our websites with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 AA (''WCAG"), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (''W3C");
2. Modifying our websites to permit content providers to post content in a format that conforms to WCAG for web content;
3. Ensuring that our websites do not interfere with the posting of content in formats that conform to W3C's guidance on accessibility;
4. Distributing this policy to Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort content providers and website content and technical support personnel for our websites;
5. Linking to this policy from the www.misionridge.com homepage, soliciting and providing a method to submit feedback, and providing a method to contact Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort's website accessibility coordinator;
6. Developing and distributing accessibility practices for Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort content providers;
7. Appointing a website accessibility coordinator who is knowledgeable on website accessibility and digital accessibility standards, responsible for coordinating Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort's responsibilities with respect to accessibility, and responsible for developing the accessibility practices;
8. Modifying policies to prioritize accessibility bug fixes to ensure they are remedied with the same level of priority as any other equivalent loss of function for individuals without disabilities;
9. Retaining website accessibility consultants responsible for conducting annual website accessibility evaluations of our websites; and
10. Providing annual training to Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort website content and technical support personnel on ensuring our websites conform to WCAG.
Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort undertakes these accessibility initiatives to expand access to everyone and to assist content providers, many of which have independent obligations under accessibility laws, with providing content in accessible formats.
Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort urges content providers to incorporate accessibility in their content posted on Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort websites to meet a wide variety of requirements of users with disabilities.