This workshop is designed for mountain enthusiasts who are starting to tour on their own and possibly venturing out of the ski area boundaries.
Areas of focus in this course:
- Recognize & Avoid Avalanche Terrain
- Understanding Layed Snow
- Weather Indicators & Red Flags
- Basic Companion Rescue
- Avalanche Control Techniques
- Boundary Policies
- Avalanche Terrain & Terrain Maps
- Basic Route Selection
- Current Snow Pack Conditions
- Companion Recovery
- Probing, Shoveling, & Beacon use
Workshops begin at 9 am. Participants will meet outside the Mission Ridge Base Area First Aid Room. Please be prepared with all your ski and snowboard gear to ride the chairlift to the summit at 9 am.
To register for this and other Mountain Workshops, follow the link below: