It’s a bummer to report that Tuesday night temperatures were too warm for snowmaking to make much progress. The battle to get snow coverage on Mimi has been relentless. As of Wednesday afternoon, we are still looking for at least one solid night of cold temps on the lower mountain (Midway down to the Base Area). Mimi is close but it is not there yet. Tonight’s forecast is for mostly cloudy skies, a low around 25, and west winds 15-25 mph. If the wind calms and the temp gets down to at least 25 then there is a chance for a Friday or Saturday opening to the season. We remain optimistic but it’s still touch and go. We will know more mid-morning on Thursday and as always we are doing everything we can between then and now to make it happen! There is nobody working harder right now than our outstanding snowmaking team. Hang in there with us again tonight, pray for cold, dance for snow, re-wax those skis and boards, and know that we want to get this party started as much as you do, see you on the hill!
-Josh Jorgensen GM
*Any opening this weekend will be limited to Chairs 1 and 2 with likely only Sunspot, Tumwater, and Mimi runs. Off piste areas will be extremely limited due to the low snow levels. Mimi is likely to be very limited and only to be used as a route back to the base area.